Good Morning Everyone,
Have you ever had that feeling that you’re stuck in a bit of a rut? Then that rut turns into a life cycle, and every day is the same? You get up, eat breakfast, go to work, go home, go to bed and repeat it all over again the next day. It gets a little bit mundane doesn’t it…? You almost forget what happiness is and what it can bring into your life.
I think pretty much everyone goes through this mundane phase at least once in their life. Quite possibly more. That’s just life I suppose. Now, unfortunately, I can’t change that as much as I would love to. But, what I am going to do is provide you with 10 things that you can do to make you happy today. We all need to bring a little more happiness into our lives everyday.
A little bit of happiness goes a long way. It can make your daily chores a much more positive place to be. Yes they will still be mundane but you will be in a much better mood whilst you complete them. Happiness comes in many forms and I truly believe that providing yourself with some happiness every day will lead to a happier life in general.
There are of course many things you can do to bring happiness into your life. For today though I am going to get you started with ten ways. You can choose to do all of these happiness tips or just one, either way if it makes you happy even if just for a few minutes then that’s a win for today! Because everybody deserves a bit of happiness every single day.
So here goes… 10 ways to be HAPPY today:
- Eat a slice of cake (and not care about the calories etc eat to enjoy!) Use all of your senses. Smell it, taste it, feel it etc. For that few minutes of your day it is all about the cake!
- Write and hide little notes for yourself around the house. Make sure they are positive! They could be jokes or things that remind you of a funny time. If it makes you smile then you’re onto a winner. (The great thing about this is it can make you smile when you least expect it!) so hide as many as possible.
- Watch your favourite movie, snuggle up on the sofa and don’t forget the popcorn! Sitting down for some chill out time can sometimes be just what you and your body need.
- Write down five things that you are grateful for today. Think about everything in your life. You will be surprised at how many things there are. Practice this everyday to start to build a more positive mindset.
- Pick an affirmation and repeat it whenever and wherever you need it. “I am confident and capable of anything,” “I am a beautiful soul.”(Make sure you use positive language).
- Learn something new. There is something so magical about knowledge. (Learn a language, take a course etc).
- Do 10-20 minutes of Yoga. Yoga relaxes the mind and body and brings a sense of calm. I think we all need this, probably more often than we care to admit.
- Put on some music and dance around the living room like nobody is watching. How liberating.
- Plan your dream holiday and create a savings account to start saving for it. Plan everything, place, excursions, hotel etc.
- Buy or Pick yourself some flowers and put them in a vase somewhere you can see them all the time. Bringing nature indoors is great for our happiness and wellbeing.
Doing something that makes you happy every day leads to a more positive and happy life. Try it today and continue it everyday. It can be quite addictive. Enjoy!
Love Charlotte x